Sale is final. No returns or refunds. Items may have small cosmetic defects such as superficial scratches or small dents in the leather. Sale is only valid for buyers in Sweden.
ADJUST THE SIZE
- As with all girths, the girth straps should be fitted evenly on both sides to make sure the girth is placed at the center of the sternum and in between the front legs. Many riders place their saddles too far forward, restricting the movement of the horse's shoulder and creating discomfort for the horse. This can cause chafing in the elbow area.
- We recommend adjusting the length of the girth straps so that the buckles will be at a similar distance from the bottom of the flaps as pictured below to ensure full shoulder freedom for the horse. The end of the buckles should be as close to the bottom of the saddle flaps as possible. All saddle flaps are different, and therefore we can't give an exact measurement of how far away from the flap the girth buckles should be. On the picture below the distance is 11 cm.
- If the horse looses or gains weight, adjust the girth accordingly to make sure it is the right length for your horse at all times.
- The girth should have a snug fit, but should not be pulled too tightly. A too tightly pulled girth will cause discomfort for the horse and can affect the horse's performance negatively. The horse´s chest expands when the horse breathes, and the faster the horse moves, the more oxygen its muscles needs. A too tightly pulled girth will limit the oxygen flow, hence it will limit the horse's performance.
- Last but not least, please keep in mind that a girth will under no circumstances make an illfitting saddle fit. It is of outmost importance to make sure that your saddle actually fits your horse.
Taking good care of your leather products is an investment! With the proper care and suitable storage, your products will last you a long time.
We recommend that you apply leather conditioner before you use the product for the first time. We use vegetable tanned leather that may appear somewhat stiffer than regular chrome tanned leather at first, but will in time be soft and supple with the right care. Because our products are handmade in natural leather, each product is unique, it is individual how many times you need to use leather conditioner before the leather is fully saturated. We recommend using a more generous amount leather conditioner after each use until the leather is fully saturated, then only use a small amount after each use.
When it comes to girths, we recommend the following:
- After using the girth, use warm water on a sponge to wipe off the girth. Sweat will harden the leather and may eventually cause it to crack. By removing the sweat after each use, your leather will stay soft and supple for a long time to come. If you use leather soap, wipe off excessive soap directly.
- Using a dry and clean towel, wipe the girth until dry.
- Apply a small amount of leather conditioner.
As the leather dries, the natural oils in the leather evaporates. Let your leather products dry slowly, away from heat and sunlight as this may make the leather hard and brittle and weaken the elastic on the girth.
You are using our products at your own risk. Damaged or worn leather can break and could potentially put you and your horse in a dangerous situation. For your safety, please inspect your tack regularly and take good care of it.
We decided early on to focus on running an environmentally sustainable business in all leads in our production and distribution.
We work with factories in India whom can supply us with vegetable tanned leather, has fair working conditions, and whom works hard with us to keep an environmentally friendly approach in all steps of the production line. The goal with our cooperation is to always strive to make the production better and, by our trade with the factory, improve the living conditions of the workers.
We try to use packing materials and disposables in recycled material, and, when possible, reusing the packaging material that we receive. Materials that can't be reused will be recycled. This means we are not able to choose the cheapest materials in all steps of our production, but it means we can run our business with a relatively clean conscious. By relatively, we want make it clear that we are well aware that any leather production and freight will affect our environment and the climate.
We believe that our products are sustainable in more than one way. Not only by using responsible suppliers and vegetable tanned leather. By buying one girth that will fit most horses, there is no need to own several different girths. A pair of stirrup sleeves will reduce wear to your stirrup leathers, hide your worn out but useable stirrup leathers and protect your saddle and riding boots.
Do you have any questions about our products or would like to visit our showroom? Fill out the form below, and we'll get back to you. We look forward to hear from you!
826 32 Söderhamn